WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to make natural soap bars from scratch using the Cold-Process (CP) method.
- The safety associated with soap-making, and what precautions to take when making homemade soap.
- Formulate your own soap recipes with the ingredients that you have access to, so that you don’t have to depend on other recipes.
- Formulate your own recipes to create soap for different purposes. Eg. skincare, shampoo bars and household cleaning soap.
- How to create layered soap.
- How to make soap with milk (including plant-based milks).
- How to incorporate fresh food stuff in soap bars. Eg. Carrot juice, purees etc.
- How to colour soap with natural colourants.
- How to fragrance soap with essential oils.
- When and how to cut soap bars.
- When and how to cure soap bars.
- How to clean your kitchen equipment properly, so that it is safe to use for both food and soap-making.
- How to calculate the volume of various soap moulds, in order to determine how much soap you need.
WHO THIS COURSE IS FOR:
- Beginners who know nothing about how to make soap from scratch, and who are looking to learn everything they need to know in one comprehensive course.
- Melt-and-pour soapers who are looking for a new challenge, and are ready to start working with lye to make their soaps from scratch.
- Vegans who want to learn how to make plant-based soaps in order to replace some of their cosmetics. Although I cover soap-making with milk and honey, the recipes I provide are vegan-friendly.
- Entrepreneurs and artisans with a desire to start a natural cosmetics or natural soap business.
- Zero-waste advocates who want make their own cosmetic products to reduce the packaging waste in their own lives.
- People looking for a new, creative and affordable hobby.
- People with a desire to use natural products or to make their own products, for whatever reason – frugal living, environmental, health, family, homemade gifting or a passion for DIY.
THIS COURSE IS NOT FOR:
- Experienced soap-makers.
- Soapers who want to learn advanced swirling and design techniques.
- People interested in learning about the therapeutic or medicinal benefits of natural ingredients, and how certain ingredients can treat specific conditions or skin types (eg. best ingredients for acne, eczema, psoriasis, sensitive skin etc.).
- People who want to learn how to make soap using the Hot Process (HP) method.
This course covers everything that beginners need (and want) to know, including some insights into more advanced soap recipes and techniques. After completing this course, most beginners won’t need any additional soap-making courses, except perhaps those students who are interested in advanced designs and swirling techniques. You will watch over 2 hours of video lessons, receive 5 soap recipes; watch 4 demonstrations showing different soap techniques; and you will be equipped with the knowledge to formulate your own soap recipes.
For those beginners who just want to make their own soap – even beautiful soaps for gifts and for selling – this course is more than sufficient. This course balances theory and demonstration as best as possible, and will review your understanding of the material through optional quizzes, and a practical challenge. This course is structured to answer every little question that beginners might have, and it assumes zero knowledge about soap ingredients, equipment, safety, method, recipe formulation etc.
Many beginners are concerned about lye safety, but after this course you will feel confident to attempt soap-making by yourself – because you will know enough, and because you would have seen enough soap-making in action. You will be ready to make your first batch of soap after the third video lecture, and you are encouraged to do so!
If you are a beginner looking for one comprehensive course, then this is the course for you. You will never buy soap again.
- Lectures 24
- Quizzes 6
- Duration 0 week
- Language English
- Students 35
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
Ingredients and Safety
Tools and Equipment
Cutting and Curing Soap Bars
Soap Recipe Formulation
Troubleshooting and Frequently Asked Questions
The Finish Line
Natural Soap Bars From Scratch For BeginnersThoroughly enjoyed this informative, very well explained soap making course. I made the recipe provided and am thrilled with how it turned out. With all the tutorials and notes provided in this course this will be the first of many.
Natural Soap Bars From Scratch For BeginnersA very detailed and well explained course. Christina gives you the tools and the confidence to create your own soap recipe and make your very own soap!